Planning for pregnancy can be challenging. If you’re ready to start a family but having trouble conceiving, it’s time to look at your choices.

Infertility is the failure in achieving pregnancy after 12 months of regular, unprotected intercourse.

Fertility specialists are extensively trained in diagnosing infertility and identifying suitable treatment options.

Most fertility experts have in-depth knowledge and expertise in handling Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART). These techniques include IUI, IVF, ICSIIMSI, etc. If fertility medications fail to achieve pregnancy, then an IVF Specialist in Mumbai can recommend IUI or IVF treatment for successful conception.

Infertility affects both men and women equally. A man or woman has a 50/50 risk of having fertility issues.

Here Are Eight Reasons Why You Should Consult A Fertility Expert:

1. You’ve been having intercourse without birth control for at least 12 months and haven’t got pregnant.

According to reproductive science, it takes five to six months to conceive. You should consult an infertility specialist if you’re under 35 years and have unprotected sex for the past 12 months.

2. You Are 35+

The consistency and quantity of eggs decline as a woman ages.

If you are 35 years or older and attempting to conceive for six months without using birth control, you can see a fertility specialist.

If you’re over 40, you’re technically in the high-risk pregnancy group, so you should see a fertility specialist first. At this time, the risk of miscarriage is higher.

3. You’ve had three or more miscarriages

A miscarriage occurs when a pregnancy is lost within 20 weeks of conception. Miscarriage mostly happens due to an incorrect number of chromosomes in an egg or sperm. It prevents the fertilized egg from developing correctly. Miscarriage may also be caused by early development issues, such as the egg failing to implant properly in the uterus or having structural flaws.

If you’ve suffered two or more miscarriages, you can consult a fertility doctor to keep track of your wellbeing when attempting to conceive. You should be informed if there is a more severe condition causing these miscarriages.

4. Your Partner is Having Trouble Achieving or Maintaining an Erection.

Having an appointment with a male fertility specialist is easy. Urologists, also known as andrologists, specialize in diagnosing and treating the conditions related to the male reproductive system. They will help you find a solution to these problems.

5. You Have No Period or Irregular Periods, or Heavy Bleeding

A fertility problem may cause any of the following symptoms:

  • No period: There are chances that you’re not ovulating.
  • Irregular periods: Your brain could be sending the wrong hormone signals, or an ovulation disorder could cause it.
  • Bleeding between periods: Bleeding between periods or after sex can occur due to a uterine polyp or fibroid or a cervical lesion.
  • Hefty periods: Your period is heavy if you bleed for more than seven days; use more than one pad or tampon every hour, or transfer blood clots. A uterine fibroid or an endocrine abnormality may cause it. It is strongly advised to consult a fertility expert.

6. You or Your Partner Have a Medical History of STDs or STIs

Sexually transmitted infections (STIs), formerly known as sexually transmitted diseases, are infections spread by sexual contact. They have the potential to cause inflammation and infection.

They can cause recurrent infections in men, affecting sperm mobility, function, and count.

7. You Have a Chronic Medical Condition

As you might be aware, whether you have a chronic or long-term medical condition, you and your doctor are practically on first-name terms. It’s the same for fertility. We suggest that you see a fertility doctor if you have any of the following disorders or diseases:

  • Diabetes
  • Genetic disorders
  • Heart disease
  • Hypertension
  • Kidney disease
  • Thyroid condition

8. If you have had cancer (chemotherapy treatment) or have a family history of early menopause, you should see a fertility doctor.

Although this phase may tend to be daunting, several compassionate services are available to assist you. If you agree with any of the above causes, you will get answers to your fertility questions by seeing a specialist.