Saraogi Hospital, a well-known IVF centre in Mumbai, has introduced several advanced fertility treatments over the years that have helped thousands of couples overcome infertility and become proud parents. Frozen embryo transfer treatment in Mumbai is one such advanced fertility treatment provided by the centre.
Our highly experienced gynecologists and fertility specialists provide personalized treatments using the latest innovations and developments in the fertility field. We cater to people not only from Mumbai but all over India and even abroad. They come to us for excellent result-oriented treatments at an affordable price.
Frozen embryo transfer (FET) is a cycle in which frozen embryos from your earlier IVF cycle are thawed and transferred into your uterus.
You can increase your chances of pregnancy per egg retrieval with frozen embryo transfers, saving you time and money if you need several cycles to get pregnant.
That’s why frozen embryo transfer treatment in Mumbai has become a more popular option to consider before starting another fresh IVF cycle due to improved success rates.
Frozen embryo transfer process step by step
- Step 1 – FET preparation: To prepare the endometrial lining, we begin with estrogen pills and then progesterone after a few days. We use ultrasound to monitor your progress, and if everything looks good, we will schedule the embryo transfer procedure.
- Step 2 – Embryo transfer: We will carefully thaw your embryos in our laboratory five days after starting progesterone. The embryo will then be transferred into your uterus using ultrasound technology to implant and develop into a healthy baby.
Why choose the frozen embryo transfer treatment?
Couples consider frozen embryo transfer treatment in Mumbai for the following reasons:
- Have additional embryos: Several eggs are fertilized during an IVF cycle, but we only transfer around two embryos to the uterus. You have the option of cryopreserving the embryos for later use. If your IVF cycle fails, you can repeat the IVF process or use the cryopreserved embryos from your previous cycle.
- Want to utilize genetic screening: Some parents are concerned about passing a genetic disorder on to their children. They may choose a preimplantation genetic test to screen the embryos for particular genetic diseases or defects to prevent this. The embryos are cryopreserved and transferred later since the results of this test take time.
- Want to opt for an elective procedure: Many couples prefer a Freeze-all IVF cycle with today’s advanced technology.It is assumed to give equal or better results than the fresh IVF cycle. Further, it provides time for undergoing necessary treatments like preimplantation genetic testing and prevents ovarian overstimulation.
- Want to have another child: You may want to expand your family after your successful IVF cycle by using your cryopreserved embryos.
What are the advantages of frozen embryo transfer treatment?
- Can be conveniently scheduled
- Higher success rate
- Less stressful
- Provides time for PGT
- Offers a natural uterine environment for pregnancy
Frozen embryo transfer cost in Mumbai
The cost of frozen embryo transfer in Mumbai is much less expensive than a fresh IVF cycle. It is because you do not have to go through egg retrieval, artificial insemination, or embryo culture. Also, the medication costs are much lower.
When it comes to frozen embryo transfer treatment in Mumbai, Saraogi Hospital is one of the best fertility centres. Our clinic is equipped with cutting-edge technology and facilities, as well as a world-class laboratory.
Success rate of frozen embryo transfer treatment in Mumbai
FET provides higher pregnancy and live birth rates, fewer miscarriages, and healthier babies thanks to advancements in freezing techniques in recent years. Its success rate has exceeded that of fresh embryo transfer.
Our clinic’s success rates for frozen embryo transfers range from 50 to 60%. Furthermore, children born through FET have a higher birth weight and are delivered closer to term.
Frozen embryos are viable for more than ten years. After an unsuccessful fresh IVF cycle, you could do a FET cycle, or as your initial transfer after freezing all of your embryos, or as a follow-up to a successful IVF cycle if you are ready to start a family.
Blastocyst stage transfer refers to embryos on their fifth day of development which is a relatively advanced stage. Therefore, a blastocyst transfer has an increased chance of implantation.
After a frozen embryo transfer, most women prefer to relax and lie down, but there are no restrictions on your movement. As soon as the procedure is completed, you can walk around and resume your daily activities.