As you know Mumbai is the best city for medical services. And surrogacy treatment is one of the best medical treatment provided by Saraogi hospital and iris IVF center in Mumbai.
The hospital was established in 1980 and the founder of this Saraogi hospital is Dr. R.M. Saraogi. Keeping in mind, their only mission is to bring a smile on the couple’s face who are unable to conceive a baby.
In gestational surrogacy,a woman bears a child on behalf of the couple who is unable to have a child of their own due to many issues.
The surrogacy success rate of Saraogi hospital has increased dramatically with time and improvement in IVF/ ICSI technology and can range from 50 to 80% depending on the case.
In 1985, gestational surrogacy was first established. At Saraogi hospital you will get the best and experienced IVF specialist in this medical field. Dr. Mohit R Saraogi is the gold medalist in DGO AND FCPS with 13 years of experience in OBG.
Surrogacy Treatment in Mumbai
- It is used for infertility treatment and gestational surrogacy in Mumbai. In this, a fertilized egg is implanted into a surrogate’s uterus and the resulting child is genetically unrelated to the surrogate.
- It takes 4 to 6 weeks to complete one cycle.
- The Success rate is 40% under the age of 35.
- It is an advanced version of ICSI. In this technique, the high quality of sperms is injected into the egg for fertilization.
- This technique is suggested only when there are a lot of abnormalities in the sperms and even the sperms are less than 6%.
- It is an operation where a woman’s uterus is removed because of several reasons one of the reason is uterine fibroids which cause bleeding, pain or other problems.
- It’s a slow painful recovery approx. the time it will take is 6 weeks.
- This process can be done through vagina or laparoscope.
- It is a process of preserving an embryo into low temperature (-196 degree Celsius).
- This process is carried out in the laboratory using the special freezing equipment.
- It takes 13 years or more than that to freeze embryos. The longest time taken was 25years to 30 years.
- And it takes 30 to 45 minutes to thaw an embryo.
- The Success rate of frozen embryo transfer is 60% for the women under 35 Years.
- Sperm test is done to check male fertility.
- 40 million to 300 million is the normal range of the sperm count for the number of sperm per millimeter.
- Below 10 million counts it will consider as poor and above 20 million it will consider as a fine if motility and morphology are normal.
The additional best part of this hospital is the payment system:
- Saraogi hospital and iris IVF center allow the couple to pay for the treatment in installments.
- This you will find in very few centers providing surrogacy in Mumbai.
- In the beginning, you have to pay 20% and the remaining you can pay in installments
Listed below are the reasons why you may need surrogacy:
- Not having a uterus – it results in hysterectomy or being born without a functional uterus.
- Significant uterine abnormalities including uterine scarring (Asherman’s Syndrome), inability to develop a thick, and supportive uterine lining
- Significant medical conditions that make carrying a pregnancy risky for a woman’s health (such as hypertension).
- Chronic reproductive loss
How Saraogi hospital helps you with these above indications?
Saraogi hospital helps you find a surrogate mother in case if you don’t have a surrogate from your own family or friend.
Even the screening process is done at Saraogi hospital and iris IVF center. This process needs proper screening which is properly done by the center.
Once you get the surrogate mother the cycle of the intended parent and the surrogate mother will be synchronized.
The biological mother or an egg donor will undergo the routine treatment of IVF cycle, till the uterus of the surrogate is prepared to receive an embryo.
How to find a Surrogate mother?
- Healthy women
- Age under 35
- Complication- free pregnancies
- Medically healthy
- Not obese (fatty or overweight)
- Living in a Safe and healthy environment
What is the Surrogacy cost in Mumbai and it’s success rate at Saraogi Hospital?
The surrogacy cost in Mumbai at saraogi hospital is ₹ 10,00,000 to ₹ 11,00,000. And the success rate of surrogacy at Saraogi Hospital is around 80%.
The treatment costs for surrogacy depends on the kind of surrogacy arrangement and also on the fertility centre undertaking the treatment.
At Saraogi hospital the various dimensions that go into customizing a package for a particular couple include:
- The charges to be paid to the surrogate mother
- The charges to be paid to the surrogate handler
- The cost of the surrogate house
- The IVF cost in Mumbai and ICSI procedure cost
- The legal fee
- The cost of regular ANC checkup and sonography
- The obstetrician charges for delivering the baby
- The NICU and pediatricians charges
- The cost of medicines and disposables consumed over 9 months
HENCE THE OVERALL COSTING IS SUBJECTIVE AND NEEDS TO BE INDIVIDUALIZED.
These below are the list of services provided by Saraogi hospital:
- Assured Surrogacy
- Loan Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Surrogacy Cost Estimator
- Find Egg Donor
All these individual services are handled by the trained team:
- Legal formalities are handled by the well trained legal team for surrogacy treatment and will help you with detailed paperwork.
- The center takes good care of the surrogate and proper surrogacy procedure is followed with the help of a trained team. Here they provide a healthy environment for the growth of your child with regular antenatal care as well as provide dietary care through their experienced dietary department for the better growth of the child.
Let’s have a look at the surrogacy procedure which takes place at Saraogi Hospital
1. The decisions:
We provide proper consultation to the families and wisely choose a surrogate as per the conditions mentioned above.
2. The procedure:
Egg donor and the surrogate mother will take oral conceptive.
- To sync their menstrual cycle
- To prepare their bodies for embryo implantation
Regular check-up for the surrogate mother is must for endometrium preparation, transvaginal scan for Endometrial lining measurement, the blood test for estradiol and progesterone hormone check, medications for hormones.
Day 21st of the menstrual cycle- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET):
- Doctor to perform embryo transfer into surrogate mother once the eggs are fertilized.
- Blood test for estradiol and progesterone hormone check
10 days later Pregnancy Test Check- if Positive
The Saraogi hospital and iris IVF center will provide the surrogate mother with services which include a proper caretaker.
Week 6th to week 11th of Pregnancy Period- follow-up check-ups at Saraogi Hospital and iris IVF center in Mumbai.
Week 12th to week 39th of Pregnancy Period- Antenatal care program and check-ups at Saraogi Hospital is compulsory which include:
- For physical examinations and treatments.
- Vitamins for better health of mom and baby.
Advantages of surrogacy in Mumbai, India
The cost: For those who will seek gestational surrogacy in Mumbai the cost is very low especially at Saraogi Hospital as compare to other Hospitals.
The experience:You will get the best IVF doctor in Mumbai & one of them is Dr. Mohit R. Saraogi who is a gold medalist in DGO AND FCPS.
Surrogacy Laws in Mumbai, India
India is one of the most progressive and best places for surrogacy.
Our laws are very proactive and protective for both intended parents and the surrogate.
In fact, a legal agreement is entered into before the embryo transfer and when the surrogate is pregnant early in the pregnancy court papers are filed identifying the intended parents as the true parents so the legal framework is really well established in India and really does protect the intended parents.
The legal laws of Saraogi hospital for surrogate mother
Saraogi hospital strictly adheres to ICMR guidelines when it comes to surrogacy.
They choose surrogates less than 35 years of age, with no medical or surgical history in the past. They have a healthy obstetric outcome in the past and are examined by a counselor who ensures that they have the right mindset to become a surrogate.
The family of the surrogate is interviewed to see if they are supportive of the surrogate’s desire to undergo the procedure.
A thorough clinical and ultrasound examination is conducted on the surrogate who is then subject to a panel of blood tests to ensure her fitness for the surrogacy procedure.
Only if she passes all the eligibility criteria is a woman selected to become a surrogate at our centre.
In Saraogi hospital the entire procedure from the IVF to the delivery occur under 1 roof thereby ensuring patient comfort and compliance. On conceiving the surrogate is shifted to a suitable surrogate house where she is kept for 9 months throughout the day until delivery.
To make surrogacy more affordable for couples coming to Saraogi hospital they offer them the option of easy EMI payment so that they can undergo the treatment without burning a hole in their pockets.
Note: We have provided you the detailed information about Surrogacy in Mumbai. Hope this will help you to select the right location and the doctor.
Yes, because as per the Surrogacy laws surrogate mother can’t be the child’s legal mother because the for this process the doctors use intended father’s sperm and intended mother’s eggs or the donor’s egg or sperm. But the donor will not be a surrogate. This means that the intended parents are the biological parents of the baby born through surrogacy provided.
- As per the law, the names of commissioning parents will be mentioned on the birth certificate.
- Surrogate mother’s name will not be mentioned on the child’s birth certificate.
If you are having difficulty in getting pregnant, it is best to seek advice without too much delay. Beyond 35 years age, fertility starts to decline rapidly in women.
Surrogacy is an option for women with absent uterus, severely distorted uterus, uterine issues which cause miscarriage and medical disorders, that prevents a woman from carrying a pregnancy to term without complications. Even women who go through repeated IVF failures, multiple miscarriages or hysterectomy, might need surrogacy.
Obviously, the kid’s features resemble his biological parents only. Because the surrogacy with parent’s gametes, the genetic or physical trait of the offspring is not at all affected by the surrogate.
The eggs are retrieved through the vagina under transvaginal ultrasound guidance with a needle that is about the thickness of an ordinary blood test needle (no surgery/cutting/stitching), the procedure takes about 5 minutes, generally safe and quick.
Absolutely Not. The DNA of the child will only match with his biological parents (the couple from whom the egg and sperm were taken).
Surrogacy has an evident legal standing in India. Surrogacy by gestation is a type of surrogacy that is legal in India. On the other hand, commercial surrogacy is legal in India and has no restrictions. India is one of the few countries where commercial surrogacy is still legal.
Surrogacy costs in India range from Rs 1,006,100 to Rs 20,35,500. Surrogacy is relatively affordable in India, notably at the Saraogi IVF Centre in Mumbai.
She must be at least 25 years old and under the age of natural menopause (52 years of age). She had to have already given birth to her child. In the unusual scenario of a gestational surrogate who is the intended parent’s mother or mother-in-law, this may be increased to 55.