India is the Global hub for medical tourism and is a popular destination for IVF treatment. India has produced some of the best IVF doctor in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and other metro cities of the country. Mumbai being the preferred location for the treatment because of ease of traveling and better medical facilities available. In India more than 25% of the couples choose IVF Treatment, various health problems or medical reasons fail to conceive or not able to get pregnant. Due to the urban lifestyles, work stress, pollution and delayed marriageable age – the chances of infertility increases for the couples in Mumbai.
The IVF (In Vitro fertilisation) is a treatment which is a solution for infertility. The IVF specialist takes the eggs from the ovaries and then fertilises them with the sperm. This is all carried out in specialised laboratory. The Embryo is then transferred to the uterus of the female after 4-5 days. This procedure needs to be monitored and proper care which is provided by the best IVF specialist in Mumbai.
There may be some side effects in IVF treatment such as:
- Tenderness in Breasts
- Vomiting / Nausea
- Breathing issues
But, In Mumbai fertility clinics provide proper care and also provide effective solution for all such side effects.
Why should you choose IVF specialist in Mumbai?
After reaching a stage where you have decided to undergo IVF treatment, the question arises as to which IVF doctors in Mumbai should you look for as he/she is going to be a major part of your life for the next few months.
Nowadays, its not a taboo to have infertility issues and hence it is talked about in the most comfortable way to doctors and counsellors by couples who have been facing problems in conceiving since many years.
In India, around 30%-40% men and women face fertility problems and so it is a matter to be discussed and treated in the best possible way without making it a matter of shame.
History in the fields of gynaecology was made by two infertility specialists when the first baby was born thirty years ago using ART. The 29-year-old mother gave birth to a baby boy in 1986. With expert gynaecologists and best IVF doctor in Mumbai who believe in deep learning and practice, makes Mumbai the most preferred location for infertility treatment.
Saraogi Hospital has been taking over the legacy since its inception in 1980, as it has been walking on the footsteps of the history made by these phenomenal IVF doctors in Mumbai. The hospitals’ vision has been set keeping in mind the previous positive results achieved by various well-practiced gynaecologists. All the doctors at IRIS IVF centre strive to gain high success rate approximately around 45% – 51% and proper patient health care.
Therefore, Saraogi Hospital is the ideal place for couples who are looking for a test tube baby as it comprises of the best IVF specialist in Mumbai. The gynaecologists focus on complete transparency since the time the treatment starts till the time the baby is delivered ensuring that the mother is at her best health. They avoid setting unrealistic goals and believe in delivering happiness by way of a child.
Best IVF Doctors in Mumbai at Saraogi Hospital
Dr. Mohit R. Saraogi
- Mohit Saraogi is one of the best fertility Specialist in Mumbai. He has specializations in: Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Clinical Embryology with over 13 years of experience in the field of IVF treatment.
- Along with IVF he is experienced in other fertility treatments like IUI, ICSI and IMSI.
- Mohit Saraogi can deliver success rate of over 45% for IVF treatment, which is above average.
- For his achievements in the field of fertility, he was honored with the prestigious Best IVF specialist in India (2018-19) award.
- He is also a member of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India.
Dr. Roopa Prasad
- Roopa Prasad is a part of Saraogi team and specialized in many complicated medical and surgical fertility treatment with great success rate.
- She has experienced in diagnostic department, artificial insemination, endoscopy, hysterectomy, tubectomy and laproscopic surgery.
- She is also has 8 years of experience in Minimal Invasive Surgery, she has handled many higher risk Obstetrics cases and many other complicated cases without any issues.
- Her Operative know how includes gynecological sugery, pelvic floor repair, etc.
Dr. Tejswita Rajpal Hande
- Tejwsita Hande is a well known Gynaecologist with experience in cases of Gynaecology and Obstetrics related issues.
- So far she has successfully done 450 normal deliveries and 250 Caesarean sections independently.
- She is also an extremely versatile specialist and a team player; she has assisted in over 22 Hysterectomies and over 12 Hysterectomies independently.
- She’s also trained in assiting patients with issues of reproductive and sexual health.
Dr. R. M. Saraogi
- Rajendra Saraogi has a vast experience of 40+ years in the field of fertility treatment, gynaecologist, obstetrician and reproductive endocrinologist.
- He is the founder and Director of the Saraogi group of hospitals.
- For his achievements and experience he has been given prestigious roles in many huge institutions.
- He is the Managing Trustee, Association of Fellow Gynaecologists and also the President of Society of Vaginal Surgeons of India, Maharashtra.
Dr. Rashmi Saraogi
- Rashmi Saraogi Another renowned obstetrician and gynaecologist with vast experience of 37 years of experience.
- She has contributed immensely to improvement in technique and success rate of various fertility and IVF treatment at Saraogi Hospital.
- She is also very well known for IVF and all the additional treatments for fertility problems.
What should be the criteria for choosing the best IVF specialist in Mumbai?
Questions to think about while choosing the best IVF doctor in Mumbai or elsewhere:
1. What is the success rate of the doctor? How many live births were carried out?
Without falling in a trap of a doctor who promises results, but the ratio of IVF births is very low in comparison to the surgeries taken place, the first step is to check the success rate of the best IVF specialist in Mumbai by checking the number of pregnancies and live births in your age bracket.
2. How long has the doctor been practicing and does he/she have experience?
This is probably the first question that comes to your mind while choosing the right IVF doctor in Mumbai or any other city. The success rates and results depend on at least 5 years of practical surgeries and experience. You can also choose by comparing the past results and connect to friends or family for references.
3. When and where did his/her training take place?
Is he a certified gynaecologist? Whether he is a member of a recognised Medical Association?
4. How long does he/she take to answer your queries? Is he/she easily approachable via message or mail?
If the IVF specialist doesn’t have the time to attend to you before you have even chosen him/her, they may not have the time even when you are his patient.
5. Which hospitals or clinics is he/she associated with?
You can judge the doctor by the reputation of the hospital that he works for. Any high-end hospital will not retain a doctor who is not well-practiced and by this you can check the facilities that you could avail of apart from the doctors’ services.
6. How many patients has he/she cured? Is he/she compassionate enough?
When it comes to infertility issues, it is a matter of concern as the patient goes through a lot of emotional stress as well. With high number of cycles, the doctor knows how to comfort the patient and understanding what exactly the patient wants. Since it incurs a good amount investment, time-to-time assurance by the doctor is expected.
7. What kind of infertility treatments is he/she best at?
8. How much does the doctor charge for one cycle? Does the clinic support insurance?
An obvious question though but this is exactly where the pitfall lies. While asking for the cost of a particular treatment, you should check whether it is for one cycle or the entire treatment. Also check whether it includes medications and drugs to avoid any shocks later once the billing is done. There are some IVF centres in Mumbai that provide budget IVF as well for people looking for an economic treatment.
9. Does he/she attend to patients who have had a failed IVF cycle?
For many couples, this may not be the first IVF cycle and not all gynaecologists are open to treating patients like these. It is important for you to check whether the doctor is easy with it before you go firm on your decision.
10. What is the waiting time after you have made your decision?
Ask your fertility specialist as to much time will it take to start the process once you have made the decision. In treatments like frozen embryo and surrogacy there is usually a waiting time as they keep the eggs for fertilisation.