In Vitro Fertilization, also known as IVF, is a fertility treatment in which eggs are collected from a woman’s ovaries and fertilized with sperm in a laboratory. The fertilized eggs are then implanted into the woman’s uterus, where they are expected to grow and develop into healthy babies.
IVF is often considered a last resort fertility treatment; however, it can be a successful fertility treatment option for couples who have been struggling to conceive for an extended period of time.
If your attempts at conceiving have not yielded any result for over a year, please consult the IVF specialist Dr. Mohit Saraogi at Saraogi Hospital & IRIS IVF Centre, a state-of-the-art IVF centre in Mumbai.
What are the steps involved in an IVF treatment in Mumbai?
The IVF treatment in Mumbai covers approximately 4 – 6 weeks involving the following steps that the highly-skilled infertility specialist, Dr. Mohit Saraogi, performs with his team of trained fertility experts:
- Stimulation – The first stage of IVF is stimulation. Our fertility specialist will administer medications and antioxidants to encourage your ovaries to release multiple eggs, boosting the likelihood of pregnancy. You will start receiving hormone-based injections on the 2nd day of your period to stimulate the development of several follicles in your ovaries. The fertility specialist will use blood tests and ultrasound to track the development of the eggs in your ovaries.
- Trigger – A trigger injection will be given to you after stimulation when the bulk of the follicles reaches the ideal size range of 16 – 18 mm.
- Egg Retrieval – In this step, you will be administered mild anesthesia, and the fertility expert will retrieve the eggs from your ovaries with a hollow needle attached to an ultrasonography probe. Following egg retrieval, you will be instructed to take medications that will get the lining of your womb ready for embryo transfer.
- Sperm Retrieval – The fertility specialist will request a sample of semen from your partner at this stage. The specimens are adequately cleansed after the sample of semen is taken, and the fertility specialist will pick the sperms with the best motility. These sperms are frequently used to fertilize fresh eggs or can be frozen to be utilized later.
- Egg Fertilization – The eggs taken out of a woman’s ovaries will either be fertilized by intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) or by conventional IVF, which involves putting the sperm and eggs in an IVF culture dish. Laboratory professionals will constantly observe the maturation of the egg to verify fertilization.
- Blastocyst culture – After the eggs are fertilized, a vital phase called embryo development occurs before the embryos reach full maturity, often referred to as blastocyst embryos. This crucial step takes about 3- 6 days.
- Embryo transfer – The medical professional will place a catheter – a thin, long, flexible tube – in your vagina, down your cervix, and into your uterus. The catheter’s tip is connected to a syringe that holds single or multiple embryos immersed in a small volume of fluid.
- Pregnancy test – You will be required to visit the IVF centre for a pregnancy test 14 days after the embryo transfer.
If the highly accomplished IVF doctor in Mumbai, Dr. Mohit Saraogi, can detect a sac in your womb and hear your baby’s heartbeat using ultrasonography, it will confirm your pregnancy.
Who is a good candidate for IVF?
IVF is a successful treatment of infertility for almost anyone, especially for people having:
- Problem ovulating
- Obstruction or damage in the fallopian tube
- Pelvic adhesions
- Poor semen quality
- Unexplained infertility
- Prolonged infertility
If you or your partner is facing any of these issues, do not hesitate to speak with Dr. Mohit Saraogi. He is a very knowledgeable and experienced IVF specialist who has helped many people fulfill their dream of becoming a parent.
What is the cost of IVF treatment in Mumbai?
Although it is commonly considered that only the wealthy and well-known can afford in vitro fertilization (IVF), we wish to point out that the price of IVF treatment in Mumbai is affordable, particularly at the IRIS IVF Center in Saraogi Hospital.
While the average IVF cost in Mumbai is between ₹1,50,000 and ₹2,50,000, it will likely cost you between ₹90,000 and ₹1,000,000 at Saraogi Hospital.
The cost of IVF treatment varies significantly in Mumbai; on one end, there are high-end clinics charging more than 3,00,000 for a single IVF cycle, and in some clinics, the cost of the medication is not included. On the other end, there is IRIS, one of the best IVF centres in Mumbai. With our incredibly affordable IVF prices, you can receive high-quality care for approximately ₹75,000 per cycle.
What is the success rate of IVF Treatment in Mumbai?
The primary variable that has the biggest impact on IVF success rates is your age. With their first IVF egg harvest and subsequent embryo transfer(s), women under the age of 35 have roughly a 50/50 chance of becoming pregnant.
Women who do not become pregnant after their initial IVF cycle nevertheless stand a solid chance of doing so after their subsequent second, third, and even further cycles.
Dr. Mohit Saraogi suggests that you freeze your eggs or embryos if you plan to delay becoming pregnant. The frozen embryo can be thawed for a FET (frozen embryo transfer) procedure when you are ready to have a child.
The top-notch fertility specialist Dr. Mohit Saraogi, with an IVF treatment success rate of 45%, is one of the preferred doctors for people seeking infertility treatment options.
Parenthood is a feeling of pure love and happiness. When you see your child for the first time, you know you will do anything to make them happy and protect them.
Fertility issues can hamper your desire to have a child. It can make you feel alienated and incomplete. Infertility can cause anxiety and frustration, and quite often, it creates an unhealthy distance between the trying couple.
Do not let your fertility issues create emptiness in your relationship and life. Set up an appointment at the earliest with the acclaimed infertility specialist, Dr. Mohit Saraogi.
Please remember the younger your reproductive elements are, the more chances you have of a healthy and successful pregnancy.