IVF or In Vitro Fertilization And ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) are the 2 subdivisions of test tube babies. In vitro fertilization involves the incubation of the oocyte (female gamete) with about 50000 sperms, resulting in a relatively natural method of fertilization of the egg.
The embryos so formed are then transferred into the uterine cavity resulting in pregnancy. ICSI on the other hand is more sophisticated method which involves injection of a single sperm into each oocyte with the help of a device known as a micromanipulator.
The sperm is carefully selected under magnification so as to ensure that the best sperm gets injected into each egg. The process of ICSI has been demonstrated in the videos and images given below. While both IVF and ICSI have their merits and demerits, ICSI has a relatively higher pregnancy rate as compared to traditional IVF alone. This is because in ICSI, we get to select the most normal looking sperm and then use it to fertilize the egg, resulting in better quality embryos.
- There are a number of IVF Centers in Mumbai which offer test tube baby services, but only a few of them meet the stringent critera that goes into the making of a world class ivf center.
- IVF treatment in Mumbai has evolved over the years from a small sub- specialization of gynecology to a multi-crore segment of health care. Over the years a number of ivf centers in Mumbai have mushroomed, with each centre claiming to be the best.
- However what really goes into becoming the ‘best ivf center in Mumbai’. While it is a tall claim to make, when looking for an IVF Center or an ivf specialist in Mumbai one must look out for the following things.
- The center must have an in house ivf center with an andrology lab, ivf lab, sonography facility and the infrastructure and the man power to carry out ivf cases. A large number of centres claim to do ivf, whereas they actually don’t have an inhouse lab.
- The center must have a trained ivf specialist who has undergone additional training over and above the basic training in obstetrics and gynecology.
- The center must have a good embryologist attached.
- When looking for ivf doctors in Mumbai or seeking ivf treatment in Mumbai, we can maximize our chances of success by keeping the above parameters in mind.
- We at IRIS IVF Centre at Saraogi Hospital have one of the best IVF specialists in India in our midst spearheading the fertility subdivision. Dr. Mohit Saraogi(M.D., D.N.B., D.G.O., F.C.P.S., I.C.O.G., M.N.A.M.S., M.R.C.O.G 1, M.B.B.S) is an alumnus of the prestigious Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai. and is a triple gold Medalist. Not only did he get a gold medal in the DGO and FCPS Post graduate exams (in gynecology) but also in the I.C.O.G. infertility and IVF exam conducted all over India.
- Dr. Mohit Saraogi’s expertise and the center’s state of the art infrastructure makes it undoubtedly one of the finest institutions for fertility and ivf treatment in Mumbai, India. All the equipment is the latest & at par with the best fertility centers in the world. IRIS IVF Centre is also one of the few genuine surrogacy clinic in Mumbai, offering genuine, transparent and hassle free surrogacy services.
- Hence if it is test tube baby treatment that you are looking for, we recommend that you come to us at IRIS IVF Centre at Saraogi Hospital for the same.