Welcome to Saraogi Hospital
- Are you keen to experience the happiness of becoming a parent?
- Is infertility decreasing your chances of getting pregnant?
Check out IUI treatment in Mumbai at Saraogi Hospital. It is a cost-effective and simple fertility treatment that can help in achieving pregnancy.
Saraogi is one of the renowned IVF centres in Mumbai. Here you will receive the most advanced gynaecological, obstetric, infertility, and endoscopic treatments at affordable costs. To date, Saraogi's expert team of gynaecologists and fertility doctors has treated 18000+ patients.
Let’s have an overview of Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) treatment, its procedure, benefits, and more.
What is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), and how does it work?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), also known as Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), is a standard fertility procedure. It aids in the transfer of sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes by overcoming natural barriers.
The IUI procedure involves introducing sperms into the uterus, where they will continue their path toward the egg cells and fertilize them to achieve pregnancy.
What is the IUI treatment cost in Mumbai?
The IUI treatment in Mumbai is one of the common and least costly fertility treatments compared to IVF, ICSI, and IMSI. IUI is a less invasive and less expensive alternative to IVF. As a result, it is also the preferred choice for single women and lesbians who choose to get pregnant using donor sperm.
The cost of IUI treatment in Mumbai differs from patient to patient based on several factors. To know the approximate cost of the fertility treatment, click here.
The following are the steps involved in IUI treatment:
Stimulation of Egg Formation:
To promote the growth and development of eggs, the fertility specialist will administer oral or injectable drugs to the female patient. These injections are given in the areas of the stomach or the upper part of the thigh.
Depending on how the ovaries respond, the patient will need to take oral medicine for five days and injectables for eight to twelve days.
Ultrasound monitoring and Blood testing:
When taking injectable drugs, the patient can need ultrasound monitoring every two or three days to check the ovaries and egg growth.
Blood testing helps to track hormone levels linked to egg development and ovarian function. The fertility experts ensure that everything is running well through this checking and tracking.
The doctor administers injectable (trigger-shot) to the patient. It causes ovulation in around 36 hours. The shot may be provided by a nurse at the clinic or self-administered at home.
A sperm sample from the male partner is provided, or a donor sperm sample is thawed and treated in the lab. The technician will wash the sperm sample and remove immobile sperm and waste materials in the semen during preparation. We will get a high-quality sperm sample at the end.
A woman lies on a check-up platform, precisely as she does with a routine pelvic exam. The fertility specialist would use a small, long, adjustable catheter to insert the sperm sample into the uterus. The entire procedure is painless and takes only a few minutes.
Follow-up blood tests or a urinary pregnancy test kit can evaluate pregnancy within two weeks of insemination.
Why choose Saraogi Hospital for IUI treatment in Mumbai?
- Saraogi Hospital is one of Mumbai's leading fertility care centres. Many couples who had no hopes of becoming parents have found eternal happiness through our advanced fertility services, including IUI treatment in Mumbai.
- We have a team of infertility experts having decades of experience. We provide comprehensive infertility treatments for both men and women.
- When treating eggs and sperms, we strictly adhere to standard protocols.
- Our IVF centre in Mumbai has cutting-edge medical technology for fertility treatments. We use the most up-to-date methods and provide all of our services at a reasonable price.
What are the benefits of IUI treatment?
- Since IUI would not need the removal of eggs from a woman's uterus, there is a lower chance of complications.
- The IUI treatment does not necessitate the use of sedation or general anaesthesia. So, there is no risk of pre and post-operative complications.
- The IUI will even help a woman who wants to get pregnant with a donor's sperm.
- IUI is also beneficial in male factor infertility, cervical problems, unexplained infertility, and ejaculatory dysfunction.
- For women with a history of infertility, lesbians, or single women, IUI combined with ICSI as part of IVF will improve pregnancy rates and success.
Who should consider IUI treatment?
IUI treatment is a good option in the following cases:
- Men with low sperm count or sperm motility may use IUI to give their sperm a head start by injecting it directly into the fallopian tube.
- Women with extreme cervical mucus hostility can benefit from the IUI treatment. This condition affects sperm survival before it attaches to the egg.
- IUI is best for women who have a high-quality egg supply and stable fallopian tubes. We may obtain high-quality sperm samples from a donor or a male partner.
- Patients who have trouble with vaginal intercourse due to physical difficulty or psychosexual issues can benefit from IUI.
- IUI is helpful in cases where donor sperm is needed due to severe male infertility or lack of sperm in the husband.
- Experts also recommend IUI in cases of cervical infections and endometriosis in the female partner.
Let our expert team at Saraogi Hospital support you in conceiving a child through IUI treatment in Mumbai. Contact us and plan a consultation with our fertility specialist.