JANUARY 12, 2021 BY SARAOGI
IVF is a helpful, preferred, and proven procedure for those couples in Mumbai who cannot conceive naturally. When you opt for an IVF procedure, you will go through different phases, including injections, blood examinations, and frequent visits to an IVF centre in Mumbai.
The steps in an IVF treatment involve:
- Ovulation induction
- Egg retrieval
- Sperm retrieval/collection
- Embryo and fertilization transfer
Your specialist will use injections to stimulate the ovaries to create multiple eggs at once. It can take almost ten-twelve days for the eggs to get ready for collection. Egg collection is a short process that is usually completed within twenty minutes and under general anesthesia.
You can return home the same day. On the same day, the male partner will provide a fresh semen sample from which healthy sperms are gathered.
Your IVF doctor will blend sperms and eggs in a lab to create embryos, which are inserted into the mother’s womb through a precise treatment. In this treatment, your specialist will insert a thin tube known as a catheter into the vagina, through the cervix, and within the mother’s uterus and place the embryo for implantation.
Your specialist may move one or two embryos and freeze the remaining for using it later in the upcoming cycles.
If your initial IVF cycle gets successful, you are ready to be parents. Yet, if it’s unsuccessful, you can choose to do it again with some more additional cycles. For additional cycles, your IVF specialist may recommend waiting for one or two months between the two cycles.
Many elements depend on an IVF treatment’s success like:
- Partner’s age
- Egg, sperm, and the embryo quality
- The number of embryos transferred into the womb
To increase your chances of success during an IVF treatment there are some steps, that you can take. Let us discuss those steps.
Do’s and Dont’s during an IVF Treatment.
IVF can become a stressful and tiring process because it requires involvement at a physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Several times the unpredictability of what will occur next is worrisome. Furthermore, every woman may not respond the same way or get success with an IVF procedure.
Yet, there are things you can do to ensure an improved result. During an IVF procedure, there are things that you must avoid and things you must do. These include:
- Decrease your stress and remain positive for this procedure. Few people find meditation useful. Make your day as simple as possible.
- Educate yourself regarding IVF treatment, its benefits, risks, success rates, and so forth. The more you learn, the lesser your stress levels.
- Consume a healthy diet. The healthier you start, the better is the IVF’s results.
- Your healthy diet should have several proteins, fruits, and leafy greens, with adequate hydration. It will assure the treatment’s success.
- Make your weight normal for your height. Start managing your weight before you start your process. A BMI of more than 30 or less than 19 brings poor results even if all other parameters look normal.
- Get enough sleep. You may get exhausted and fatigued on such days due to the emotional and mental pressure, so get adequate sleep.
- Regularly exercise but in moderation, do not overdo it. It will keep you healthy.
- Ensure you have vitamins and micronutrient supplements daily. However, consult your doctor before you begin taking them.
- Avoid listening to negative individuals. All couples are not similar; everybody’s case is different. The result of other couples’ IVF treatment has no bearing on you.
- Avoid ignoring your health and wellbeing.
- Quit smoking, consuming alcohol, or using drugs. These affect your success rates and pregnancy chances.
- Avoid overexerting yourself emotionally and physically.
- Do not stop after a single unsuccessful IVF cycle. Some couples need multiple IVF cycles before achieving pregnancy.
- Avoid losing hope. There are other plans that your specialist can advise you about.
Join a support group or have a counselor to help you and your partner during the treatment.
Your IVF doctor will help you decide whether in vitro fertilization is the correct choice for you and your family. There is no doubt that IVF has helped many couples attain their dream of parenthood. You can be one of them, so consult an IVF doctor in Mumbai, and now you know what to expect during the treatment.
- IVF Treatment for Infertile Couples with Multiple Failed Pregnancies
- A Complete Week By Week To Do List For Your Pregnancy
- Get High Quality Maternity Services at the Saraogi Hospital
- How Can Female Infertility Be Treated Using IVF?
- The significance of AMH in fertility treatment